Billing & Collections Specialist
Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. is a full-service U.S. immigration law ﬁrm, handling both employment based and family-based matters, removal defense and asylum, naturalization, worksite compliance everything in between. We currently have 10 attorneys exclusively dedicated to immigration law and are seeking to hire a full-time Billing & Collections Specialist. Position has the option to work remotely a few days a week, but does require working out of our downtown Chicago office on certain days each week.
As a Billing & Collections Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting the firm in all billing, payment and collections matters. Your specific duties will include:
- Prepare and send fee agreements and payment plans;
- Set up recurring payment plans and invoices in QuickBooks;
- Send regular invoices and statements to clients;
- Process payments and account for them in QuickBooks;
- Respond to client calls and e-mails regarding billing;
- Identify aging A/R balances for follow up and contact clients for payment;
- Assist with collection process;
- Perform audits as needed;
- Communicate with attorneys and staff regarding billing that should be written off and write off billing for old debt, work not completed, etc.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field or with relevant coursework
- At least 6+ months of experience with QuickBooks Online
- Experience working in a billing department in a law ﬁrm (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Must speak and write fluently in Spanish. Applicants that do not speak Spanish will not be considered. Do not apply if you do not speak Spanish.
- Maintain strict conﬁdentiality of client information.
- Interact eﬀectively and professionally with all attorneys, staﬀ, clients, vendors and other outside parties.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Detail oriented
- Able to use justiﬁable recommendations, and to know when and to escalate issues.
- Learn new skills as technology changes.
- Identify what work needs to be done and carry out typical job functions with minimal direct supervision.
- Think creatively and solve problems.
- Prioritize work on multiple projects to meet established deadlines.
- Work eﬀectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to work in a fast environment.
Apply by sending your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org