Category: Employment Authorization

  • Categories

  • Archive

  • Search

September 27, 2018
Tahreem Kalam

Talking Points for HR & Recruiters Dealing with Increased Anxiety Related to H-1B Transfers

H-1B workers are rightfully anxious these days. H-1B Requests for Evidence (RFEs) and denials are at an all-time high as a result of President Trump’s Buy American, Hire American (BAHA) Executive Order. In the 1st quarter of 2017, the USCIS...

USCIS Can Now Deny Applications without an RFE or NOID

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services has taken another step in making it more difficult for employers to hire and retain foreign national employees. On July 13, 2018, USCIS issued a policy memorandum giving immigration officers significantly more discretion to...

When Does My L Status Expire – L Visas based on Blanket L Petition

The L Visa in General The L-1 visa is a non-immigrant work visa enabling U.S. companies to transfer employees from overseas subsidiaries to the U.S. There are two types of L-1 visas—an L-1A visa available to managers or executives, and...

March 30, 2016
Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan

Finally, DHS publishes the new 24-month STEM OPT rule to be implemented on May 10, 2016

On March 11, 2016, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) published its new rule extending optional practical training (OPT) for college graduates with certain science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) degrees. The new rule extends the initial 12 months...

December 11, 2015
Tahreem Kalam

Five Things Foreign Students Should Know About the Proposed STEM OPT Rule

  The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) recently proposed rule to extend a student’s Optional Practical Training (OPT) is now in its final stages. The proposed rule came about as a result of litigation challenging the procedure used by the...

November 18, 2015
Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan

Fifth Circuit Court upholds injunction in Texas v. United States: no DAPA for the near future

On November 9, 2015, another delay was announced to the implementation of President Obama’s proposed programs to allow certain individuals to apply for Deferred Action for Parents of Citizens and Residents (DAPA) and the expansion of the Deferred Action for...

July 08, 2015
Stephen Tarnoff

Class Action Lawsuit Seeks to Force Timely Issuance of Employment Authorization

Frustrated by the government’s failure to issue employment authorization documents in the time frame mandated by law, a group of plaintiffs have filed a nationwide class action lawsuit against the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the U.S....

Request A Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Sign Up to Our

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button