Helping Clients in the Chicago Area on the Path to United States Citizenship
Naturalization is the immigration process that allows a lawful permanent resident to become a United States citizen. Citizenship has many benefits, though the process of naturalization can be a complicated one. If your goal is to obtain U.S. citizenship, you want the best Chicago citizenship attorneys on your side. Contact the law firm of Minsky McCormick & Hallagan, PC, for more information. Let us help you achieve your American dream.
The Naturalization Process
To become eligible for citizenship, you must meet numerous requirements, and our legal team can closely review your situation to determine whether it is time to apply or not. Some requirements include:
- Being at least 18 years of age
- Holding a green card for five years or for three years if you are married to a United States citizen
- Continuously residing in the United States for five years as a green card holder
- Being physically present in the U.S. for at least two and a half years (30 months) of the five-year period
- Living in the particular jurisdiction of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for three or more months prior to applying
- Residing in the U.S. continuously from the time you file your citizenship application until the time you are naturalized
- Having the ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Having an understanding and knowledge of the government and history of the United States
- Being someone who displays good moral character and who is not a threat to the public (certain criminal charges or convictions can indicate poor moral character for immigration purposes)
Once you believe you meet the above requirements, you must complete and submit the proper forms with the correct USCIS office for consideration of your citizenship application.
Our Citizenship Attorneys
Our law firm represents many different types of naturalization applicants, including individuals who have green cards based on marriage, other family relationships, or employment. Even if your situation is complicated or you believe there might be obstacles due to your past conduct, it is worth it to discuss your options with a trusted immigration lawyer. We stand up for our clients and help them achieve naturalization whenever possible. We can also ensure that your children receive their citizenship documents based on your successful naturalization.
Citizenship can provide you with protection from deportation, eligibility for public jobs, the right to vote, citizenship for your children, and many more benefits. If you have the goal of becoming a citizen of the United States, do not wait to discuss the matter with the right attorney.
Speak with the Best Chicago Citizenship Attorneys about Your Options
The law firm of Minsky McCormick & Hallagan, PC. assists clients in all types of situations with immigration matters, including pursuing naturalization. The first step toward achieving your goals is to schedule a consultation with the best Chicago citizenship attorneys. Contact us so we can evaluate your options right away.