Employment Immigration Attorney in Hinsdale

Assisting Individuals in and Around Hinsdale with all of Their Legal Immigration Needs

If you are an immigrant from another country who has plans of working somewhere in the United States, it is important that you have an experienced employment immigration lawyer in Hinsdale working for you. First of all, to work in the United States legally, you will need to apply for an employment visa or a work visa. There are various types of work visas that are available, depending upon the type of employment being sought, as well as other factors. 

If you are an employer, professional, or foreign student who is interested in obtaining a work visa to work legally in the United States – or learning about other options – you should speak with the experienced Hinsdale employment immigration attorneys at Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. as soon as possible. We can help you explore the various employment immigration options and work visas that may be available to you and for which you may qualify. We can then help you select the best option for your individual situation.

Types of Immigrant Work Visas that May be Available

Depending upon your individual circumstances, there are several types of immigrant work visas that may be available to you. Some of the most common types of work visas that allow immigrants to work legally while residing in the United States include the following:

  • H-1B Specialty Occupation Workers Visa – These types of visas are available to someone with a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) for a job from a United States employer that pays the prevailing wage. They are usually available for three year increments but may be renewed for a maximum of six years. There are also possible benefits for spouses and minor children. 
  • L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa – These visas are typically available to multinational executives, managers, and other intracompany transferees. In order to qualify for this visa, you must ordinarily be supported by an affiliated company that is overseas and that has a United States affiliated company. 
  • O-Visa – These types of visas are generally available for individuals who do special work or have an extraordinary ability in a certain field, such as business, science, education, entertainment, athletics, and the arts. In order to be eligible for one of these visas, the worker must have received a prestigious award, such as the Nobel Prize, or otherwise reached the top of his or her field. 

Employment-Based Green Cards

Non-citizen workers may be eligible to receive an employment-based green card under certain circumstances. Employment-based immigration green cards include an EB-1A Extraordinary Ability Green Card, an EB-2 National Interest Waiver Green Card for a professional with exceptional ability or an advanced degree, an EB-1(b) Outstanding Professors or Researchers Green Card, an EB-2 Advanced Degree Green Card, an EB-3 Workers Green Card, or an EB-1(C) Multinational Managers Green Card.

Call a Hinsdale Employment Immigration Attorney Today

Employment immigration laws in the United States can be difficult to navigate. The legal team at Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C., can assist you with all of your employment immigration needs. For a legal consultation or case evaluation with an experienced employment immigration attorney in Hinsdale, please contact us online today for more information. 


Left Fields
Middle Fields
Right Fields
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Sign Up for Our

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.