Employment Visa Attorney Chicago

Employment Visa Attorney Chicago

Major U.S. business interests can recruit workers from outside the U.S. These workers are not required to have green cards or become permanent members of your company. You can bring them to the U.S. on non-immigrant visas that also allow them to work on a temporary basis, and then return to their home country if they wish. Additionally, these laborers can file for green cards later on if they elect to stay. 

Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan work with major domestic companies hoping to fill the need for work in the U.S. We also work with individuals who are looking to fill a temporary position in the U.S. and then return to their home country. Below, we will discuss the basics of this process and how we can help you.

Temporary Employment Visa Options

Depending on the type of work that your temporary employees will be doing, there are a number of different options for visas. Below, you will find an exhaustive list of those options.

  • H1-B Visas are designed for professionals working in a specialty occupation. The applicant is required to have at least a bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to their work offer.
  • O-1 Visas are designed for workers of extraordinary ability, extraordinary professors and researchers. Those who qualify for O-1 status must be able to prove that their abilities meet qualifying levels of expertise in their respective fields.
  • TN – NAFTA Visas are designed for Canadian and Mexican nationals under the North American Free Trade Agreement. Despite vows to gut the program, the current administration left of the legislation governing visas intact.
  • R1 Visas are designed for religious workers and their immediate family to come to the U.S. as workers for a religious organization on a temporary basis. Religious organizations looking to extend offers to religious workers must provide proof of the worker’s affiliation.
  • E1 and E2 Visas are designed for investors and treaty traders who meet specific criteria and are looking to either create jobs or invest money in U.S. domestic ventures. 
  • B1 and B2 Visas are designed for visitors who are here in the U.S. for business or pleasure. Applicants apply for the visa at the U.S. consulate in their country and the length of their stay is determined upon entry.
  • L1 Visas are designed for companies looking to transfer employees from one branch to another. These can be used by overseas companies to expand their operations in the United States.
  • E3 Visas are available to Australian professionals who have the necessary credentials. These visas require offers of employment in the United States.

Talk to a Chicago Employment Visa Attorney

If you are a part of a large company looking to bring workers over from foreign countries, Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan can help you make a decision on the appropriate visa and file the necessary paperwork. Talk to us today and we can begin the process. 


Left Fields
Middle Fields
Right Fields
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Sign Up for Our

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.