Ana Maria Echiburu Tyrrell
Ana Maria Echiburu Tyrrell has been an Associate at Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. since 2010 and has been named a Rising Star in Immigration by Super Lawyers Magazine 2014 – 2019. Her primary area of practice is employment-based immigration, including non-immigrant visas, PERM labor certification, and immigrant petitions. Her practice also covers immigration Form I-9 compliance as well as family-based immigration and citizenship. Ana Maria works with a wide variety of clients, including multinational corporations, telecommunications companies, manufacturing companies, architecture firms, religious organizations, law firms, and trading firms.
- Employment-Based Non-immigrant Visas (H-1B, H-1B1, L-1A, L-1B, TN, E-3, O-1, and H-3)
- Employment-Based Immigrant Visas (EB-1 and PERM Labor Certifications for EB-2 and EB-3)
- Religious Workers (Minister, Vocation, and Religious Worker)
- Form I-9 Compliance (Internal and ICE Audits)
- Family-Based Immigration (Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing)
- Citizenship and Naturalization
- Student Visas (F-1)
- “Agencies that Affect Immigration Law” – AILA: Navigating the Fundamentals of Immigration Law, (updates 2016 and 2017).
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Political Science, University of Mississippi, 2006
- Bar of the State of Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2012
- Assistant to Adjunct Professor Margaret McCormick for Immigration & Workplace Enforcement class taught at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Spring 2013
- Recipient, 2014 – 2019 Illinois Rising Stars, Immigration – Super Lawyers
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Committee Member, Law Student Liaison Committee, National, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2018
- Committee Member, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Liaison Committee, Chicago Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2018-2019
- Chair, Law Student Liaison Committee, Chicago Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2017-2018
- Committee Member, ICE Workplace Enforcement Committee, Chicago Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2017-2018
- Co-Chair, ICE Workplace Enforcement Committee, Chicago Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2013-2016, and 2018
- Committee Member, Fall Conference Committee and New Member Division, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2012-2013
- Committee Member, Ethics Committee, Chicago Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2011-2012
- Chicago Bar Association
- Committee Chair, Immigration and Nationality Committee, Chicago Bar Association, 2012-2013
- Federal Bar Association
- Committee Member, Chicago Chapter’s Younger Lawyers Division, 2015
- Presenter, “Hot Topics in Immigration Visa Processing,” AILA 2018 Fall Business Conference, October 12, 2018.
- Presenter, “Increase in Immigration Raids & Crackdowns: Immigration Law Basics Every Employment Attorney Should Know,” ISBA 6th Annual Minority Bar CLE Conference, June 20, 2018.
- Presenter, “Form I-9 and Workplace Audits: The Basics,” AILA New Members Division Meeting, April 9, 2018.
- Presenter, “F-1 Foreign Student Issues for Employers,” AILA Seminar, September 12, 2017.
- “Who Pays for H-1B and Green Card Fees?,” Society for Human Resource Management, July 18, 2013 ( https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/global-hr/pages/h-1b-green-card-fees.aspx )
“For my complicated immigration issues, my husband and I saw many attorneys. We are ever so fortunate to have found MMHPC and Ana Maria. She didn’t sugar-coat my case nor tried to give me comforting reassurance that everything will be okay. Instead, she listened to us attentively and made sure we understood the process. She is sharp, honest and extremely professional. She was everything we could hope for from our immigration attorney.” – A former client who is now a U.S. citizen