Immigration Legal Assistant:
Are you passionate about Immigration? Do you enjoy working with people from all over the world consider applying to join the team at Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan. Since its founding in 1975, Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. has focused exclusively on U.S. immigration and nationality law. In the changing ﬁeld of immigration law, our top rated-Chicago law ﬁrm continuously helps reunite loved represents a variety of clients including individuals, families, and business clients ranging from small employers to multinational corporations. It is our mission to make the U.S. stronger one case at a time.
Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. is a full-service U.S. immigration law ﬁrm, handling both employment based and family-based matters, removal defense and asylum, naturalization, worksite compliance everything in between. We currently have 11 attorneys exclusively dedicated to immigration law seeking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant. Position has the option to work remote.
- Prepare to file a wide range of visa applications.
- Review, organize, analyze and manage all paper documents, electronic evidence filings and internal work product for immigration matters.
- Track the status of filings and initiate any follow up that may be necessary.
- Create and maintain LawLogix database.
- Draft cover letters.
- Communicate with clients, as well as government agency.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as an immigration paralegal in a law ﬁrm (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of non-immigrant visas and clients.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Oﬃce, Adobe Acrobat and LawLogix
- *Must speak a foreign language, Spanish or Polish preferred. Applicants that do not speak a foreign language will not be considered.*
- Maintain strict conﬁdentiality of client information.
- Interact eﬀectively and professionally with all attorneys, staﬀ, clients, vendors and other outside parties.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to use judgment to make sound, justiﬁable recommendations, and to know when and to escalate issues.
- Understand legal concepts and issues relevant to the immigration practice.
- Learn new skills as technology changes.
- Identify what work needs to be done and carry out typical job functions with minimal direct supervision.
- Think creatively and solve problems.
- Prioritize work on multiple projects to meet established deadlines.
- Work eﬀectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com