Are you passionate about Immigration? Do you enjoy working with people from all over the world? If so, consider applying to join the team at Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan. Since its founding in 1975, Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. has focused exclusively on U.S. immigration and nationality law. In the ever-changing field of immigration law, our top rated-Chicago law firm continuously helps reunite loved ones and represents a variety of clients including individuals, families, and business clients ranging from small local employers to multinational corporations. It is our mission to make the U.S. stronger one case at a time.
Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. is a full-service U.S. immigration law firm, handling both employment-based and family-based matters, removal defense and asylum, naturalization, worksite compliance, and everything in between. We currently have 13 attorneys exclusively dedicated to immigration law and are seeking to hire a part-time Administrative Clerk / Law Clerk. We are looking for someone to work full-time during the summer months and then part-time in the fall and onward, ideally a few hours each day.
As an Administrative Clerk / Law Clerk, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Filing case files with various government agencies
- Scanning retired cases into various firm databases
- Go to USCIS, Immigration Court, the Asylum Office, the Cook County Office (Daley Center) and other government offices to deliver and/or pick up records and filings
- Perform other runs for the office (eg. pick up transferred file from other attorneys, etc.), as necessary
- Assist with payments and billing records in QuickBooks
- Maintain current client information in database (LawLogix)
- Other paralegal and/or administrative duties, as necessary
No language is required. Degree is not required.