Are you passionate about Immigration? Do you enjoy working with people from all over the world? If so, consider applying to join the team at Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan. Since its founding in 1975, Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. has focused exclusively on U.S. immigration and nationality law. In the ever-changing field of immigration law, our top rated-Chicago law firm continuously helps reunite loved ones and represents a variety of clients including individuals, families, and business clients ranging from small local employers to multinational corporations. It is our mission to make the U.S. stronger one case at a time.
Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. is a full-service U.S. immigration law firm, handling both employment-based and family-based matters, removal defense and asylum, naturalization, worksite compliance, and everything in between. We currently have 11 attorneys exclusively dedicated to immigration law and are seeking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant to assist us in our employment-based cases.
• Prepare to file a wide range of non-immigrant visa applications (H-1B, E-3, TN, L-1, H-1B1, O-1, R-1, etc.)
• Work with attorneys and clients preparing a variety of different I-140 visa petitions (self-sponsored and employer-sponsored)
• Assist with family-based immigration applications
• Review, organize, analyze and manage all paper documents, electronic evidence, filings and internal work product for immigration matters
• Track the status of filings and initiate any follow up that may be necessary
• Create and maintain LawLogix database
• Draft cover letters
• Communicate with clients, both individual and corporate, as well as government agencies
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience as an immigration paralegal in a law firm (preferred)
• Strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of non-immigrant visas and client processes
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and LawLogix
• Maintain strict confidentiality of client information.
• Interact effectively and professionally with all attorneys, staff, clients, vendors and other outside parties.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organization and project management skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Able to use judgment to make sound, justifiable recommendations, and to know when and to whom to escalate issues.
• Understand legal concepts and issues relevant to the immigration practice.
• Learn new skills as technology changes.
• Identify what work needs to be done and carry out typical job functions with minimal direct supervision.
• Think creatively and solve problems.
• Prioritize work on multiple projects to meet established deadlines.
• Work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org