Are you passionate about Immigration? Do you enjoy working with people from all over the world? If so, consider applying to join the team at Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan. Since its founding in 1975, Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. has focused exclusively on U.S. immigration and nationality law. In the ever-changing field of immigration law, our top rated-Chicago law firm continuously helps reunite loved ones and represents a variety of clients including individuals, families, and business clients ranging from small local employers to multinational corporations. It is our mission to make the U.S. stronger one case at a time.
Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C. is a full-service U.S. immigration law firm, handling both employment-based and family-based matters, removal defense and asylum, naturalization, worksite compliance, and everything in between. We currently have 13 attorneys exclusively dedicated to immigration law and are seeking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant to assist us in our employment-based cases.
- Prepare to file a wide range of visa applications such as green card applications, waivers, naturalization applications, DACA, and other humanitarian relief applications;
- Review, organize, analyze and manage all paper documents, electronic evidence, filings and internal work product for immigration matters
- Track the status of filings and initiate any follow up that may be necessary
- Create and maintain LawLogix database
- Draft cover letters
- Communicate with clients, both individual and families, as well as government agencies
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as an immigration paralegal in a law firm (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of non-immigrant visas and client processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and LawLogix
Must have a degree. Must be able to speak Spanish or Polish fluently.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client information.
- Interact effectively and professionally with all attorneys, staff, clients, vendors and other outside parties.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to use judgment to make sound, justifiable recommendations, and to know when and to whom to escalate issues.
- Understand legal concepts and issues relevant to the immigration practice.
- Learn new skills as technology changes.
- Identify what work needs to be done and carry out typical job functions with minimal direct supervision.
- Think creatively and solve problems.
- Prioritize work on multiple projects to meet established deadlines.
- Work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
Must have a degree. Must speak Spanish or Polish fluently