June 01, 2020
Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan
Open and Taking Appointments!
First and foremost, from all of us at Minsky, McCormick and Hallagan, P.C. (MMH) we want to thank you for your flexibility and patience over the last 10 weeks as we navigate the new challenges we have all come to face. Despite the many changes that have affected us all, MMH has been able to continue to provide our full range of immigration services, while ensuring the safety of our staff, our families, and our clients.
We have continued to prepare and file your immigration applications, speak with you on the phone and in video meetings, and accept and review your documents. While the methods we use to do our work may have changed, we continue to work at full capacity and your immigration case continues to be our number one priority.
Video Meetings & Consultations
While we serve clients and individuals all over the world, our physical office is located in Chicago, Illinois, where we would regularly meet with clients in person. We have been unable to provide in-person meetings since Illinois’ shelter in place issued in March 2020. Fortunately, we have found that video meetings between our staff and our clients have been effective and we will continue to schedule video meetings with our clients as Illinois and Chicago enter phase 3 of Governor Pritzker’s “Restore Illinois” and Mayor Lightfoot’s “Protecting Chicago” plans. If you’re not used to doing video meetings, our staff will provide you with instructions, regardless if you’ll use a cell phone or a laptop. Our staff can even practice doing a video meeting with you in advance of your appointment. This will allow you to ‘meet’ with your attorney from the safety of your home.
Collecting Your Documents
Our staff can also assist you in collecting your documents, both before a consultation and after you hire us to assist in your immigration matter. We are very flexible and there are many ways you can provide us with your documents:
- 1. Upload documents to your account online. Each client of MMH has an online account with our case management system, LawLogix. There, you can upload scanned copies of documents or photos of documents taken using your phone. Our staff will provide you this information at the time of scheduling your consultation. If you’re an existing client and you don’t already know your login information, please ask our staff.
- 2. E-mail documents to your attorney. Similarly, you can e-mail scanned documents or photos of documents to your attorney. Visit the attorney profiles on our website for their e-mail address. You may also e-mail them to email@example.com, who will forward them to your attorney.
- 3. Fax documents to the office. Our fax number is: 312-427-6513.
- 4. Mail documents to the office. Staff checks the mail every day. Our address is:
- Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan, P.C.
- 210 S. Clark Street, Suite 2025
- Chicago, IL 60603
- 5. Drop off documents at the office. Our building is open, but you must wear a face mask in order to enter. When you reach the 20th floor, you can drop off your documents through the mail slot in our door. Staff checks the mail ever day.
As time goes on, we will start seeing clients in our office again, but with numerous added safety measures to ensure the safety of our staff and our clients. But no matter what happens in our city, our state and in our country, we will continue to be your immigration advocates and there is literally nothing that we cannot accomplish for your immigration case in this new normal.
Whether you’re a new or existing client, we are here to help with any of your U.S. immigration needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us:
Peggy McCormick James Hallagan Beata Leja
Robert Vinikoor Tahreem Kalam Steve Tarnoff
Aaron Lawee Zeena Barazanji Anna Buskila
Marjorie Filice Jeff Cohn Chandni Shah